Spend less time worrying about compliance, payroll and paperwork and more time growing your business.
What is a peo?
Cognos HR can serve your company’s human resources (HR) needs in many different ways. Our Professional Employer Organization (PEO) model is geared for small to mid-size companies interested in a cost effective, comprehensive HR solution that helps them manage everything from daily HR tasks to risk mitigation and policy development.
For companies with aggressive growth goals, we enable safer, more efficient company growth: think of us as a strategic partner who helps get you to the next level.
HOW THE PEO MODEL WORKS
Under the PEO model, the client and Cognos HR enter into a co-employment agreement. Co-employment allows us to contractually assume certain employer-related responsibilities and risk on our clients' behalf.
It also allows us to aggregate our client’s employees to leverage group buying power and economies of scale. This is helpful when dealing with insurance carriers, technology providers and other employee benefits providers.
Under the PEO model, we provide service in four key HR areas:
HR infrastructure, expertise and support
- Experienced HR professionals assigned to your account
- On-site help with interviews, trainings, mediations, etc
- HR Information Management and Reporting tools
- Online reporting, employee self-service
Group benefit plans, Administration & reporting
- Group Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Affordable Care Act (ACA) guidance and compliance
- Long and Short Term Disability insurance
- 401k Plan with Roth option
- Section 125 FSA Plan
- Benefit claims administration
- On-line open enrollment
- Benefits consulting
Payroll administration & compliance
- State and Federal payroll filings
- Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
- ACA compliance
- State and Federal Unemployment Insurance
- Workers' Compensation insurance
- Policy development
- Compliance with various State & Federal statutes
- Education and trainings